Battleplanes is an online multiplayer game based in the classic pencil and paper game of Battleship. This is a guessing game in which players each place 3 air-planes on a 10x10 square board and then take turns to guess each other's plane's positions.
The game is created to be played online, in a mobile or desktop browser.
- A player profile, which contains the player avatar, rating, number of coins, friends from the game.
- A lobby in which the player can discuss or invite another player to a duel.
- A matchmaking system, which the player can join to be automatically matched with another player of similar skill which is also using the matchmaking system.
- Currency: players gain coins upon playing games. The coins are used for the in-game skills
- A set of in-game skills which the player can buy(using the coins he obtains by playing the game): Scanner, Torpedo, Homing Missile, Rocket Cluster, 5shot
- Leveling system: Each player has a level. The player increases in level by playing games
- Customization: players can select what model their airplane has, and un-lock other plane models.
- Ability to connect using Facebook and Google.
I have managed to run a Node.js server locally, bringing the project back online at: http://battleplanes.twinsen.info:3000